Member Energy Tour
Each year, Itasca-Mantrap sponsors a bus tour to Coal Creek Station-one of the world's largest and cleanest lignite coal-fired power plants and where Itasca-Mantrap buys most of its power. Its located 50 miles north of Bismarck, North Dakota, near the city of Underwood. Coal Creek Station uses about 22,000 tons of lignite per day. The highlight of this three-day trip is the tour of Coal Creek Station and Falkirk Mine - supplier of the lignite coal.
For $75 per member, the price also includes:
- Two-nights of accommodations at the Holiday Inn Express in Bismarck
- Continental breakfast is included
- Roundtrip transportation in an air-conditioned charter bus
- Refreshments on the bus ride
- An evening at the North Dakota Heritage Center to explore North Dakota’s history through seven exhibit areas
- A stop at the Headwaters Fort Mandan Visitors Center
- Lunch on day of tour provided by Itasca-Mantrap
The Member Energy Tour trip for 2019 will be August 27 to August 29. Contact Itasca-Mantrap to sign up today!